With Halloween creeping up quickly, don’t forget to incorporate all the best parts of the season into the week ahead.
Here are some of the things the ladies of The Penny Rose think are essential to this delightfully creepy time of year.
- A Day at the Pumpkin Patch: Although this activity might seem like an elementary school field trip, it’s really one of the best fall activities that adults should never forget to partake in. I love spending an afternoon picking out my favorite pumpkin, just like I did as a girl. This is also the perfect activity for wearing your favorite pair of fall boots!
- Post-Pumpkin Patch Carving Party: One of my favorite things to do in the days counting up to Halloween is carve pumpkins. It’s even better when you make a party out of it. Invite girlfriends or couples over to enjoy each other’s company with a cozy drink like rum and spiced cider.
- Costume Making Party: I love an original costume, and when I have the time, I always opt to make my own costume or personalize a store-bought one. Craft nights with friends are one of my favorite weeknight traditions so why not host a crafty night to collaborate with friends and make sure your costume is not just another sexy nurse.
- Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice: The best part about this time of year is no doubt pumpkin spice. Whether it’s a latte or a batch of freshly baked muffins, don’t forget to incorporate some spice into your life. I love the aroma that freshly baked pumpkin muffins add to my home on a cozy evening.
- Decorate: I’m a big believer in not decorating with the typical Halloween spookiness seen elsewhere, but instead using uniquely creative additions like gold pumpkins and understated spooky décor.
Images by Sera Michael