LINKS À LA MODE: THE IFB WEEKLY ROUND UP
Note: Independent Fashion Bloggers gave The Penny Rose a kind shout out today in their round up of favorite links of the week. Our recognized post, written by Christa Martin, was about Jessica Durrant, a noted fashion illustrator whose work is featured in the logo on our site.
Edited by: Victoria of vmac+cheese
August is one of my favorite months. It’s that lazy time of year where summer lingers but fall’s on the horizon; when heading back to school means amazing sales and last minute vacation getaways. Okay, confession: it’s also one of my favorites because this is the month of my birthday! And this week’s links seemed made-to-order for the occasion, like little gifts that covered all the topics I’m interested in now: the Olympics, Autumn, interviews with great artists and craftsmen, and bloggers sharing true points of view on things like the YSL mess, Instagram, and more. Sit back and enjoy — these links are even better with a slice of cake.
- The Penny Rose: The Fashion Illustrator
- Abby’s Road: My Favorite Olympic Opening Ceremony Uniforms
- American Clouds: 7 Essential Summer Shoes
- Arash Mazinani: 5 Ways of Using Pinterest to Enhance Your Image
- Best of Brooklyn: How to Make Heels More Comfortable
- Caitlin Schmidt: Craig Taylor Studios
- The Dapper Bun: Week of Vintage: Thrifting Guide
- Fashionopolis: Make it NOT Work!
- Fashion Pastiche: Life is a Beach
- Fear No Beauty: The Will to Stop Picking, Popping and Prodding Pimples
- The Fitted Frame: An Analysis of Style
- Happy. Pretty. Sweet: Basic Wardrobe Planning
- Lady Eleanor: Worrying Fictional Girl Crush: Zoe Hart
- Match Yourself: Trends to be carried over to Fall
- Ma Derniere Addiction: Chained Jailbird
- Moi Minnie: Instant
- Style by MJ: How to Not Wear Sweats During a Breakup
- Stylish in Sequins: Your Summer to Fall Staples
- Swim with the Current: YSL/SLP
- Zsasa and Everything Else: Final Words on Letting Him Pick Out Your Outfit