In this month's column, "The Curator," by style setter Vanessa Ambrose, we feature five of her favorite things this month.
1. I have always had a soft spot for everything ceramic. A recent obsession of mine is the work of ceramist Shino Takeda of Brooklyn (photos are above). Her work is the perfect balance between rustic and modernistic design, which is right up my alley.
2. The documentary "Diana Vreeland: The Eye has to Travel" brilliantly documents the charismatic woman who is considered to be one of the most influential women of the 20th century—an enduring iconic character who has had an amazing influence on the course of fashion and culture. Recommended viewing!
3. Lulu Organics hair powder is the coolest hair powder/dry shampoo out there in the market. Invaluable and perfect during those in between hair washing days, it's talc free and made from all organic goodness. Keeps hair voluminized and fresh, plus I adore the packaging.
4. Currently on my "want" list. Fur-lined leather espadrilles by Lika Mimika are hand-stitched in Alicante, Spain. Each pair is made in the traditional way where each shoe can be worn on either foot, resulting in carefree and extremely good-looking footwear.
5. Voce Keen (pronounced vo-chay keen) is a San Francisco jewelry line by magical metal smith and dancer Amanda Bassolino. Her inspiration is drawn from the natural and the mythical, which lends an organic heirloom quality to her work. Voce Keen is now being sold at Cameron Marks and Bassolino will be featured during an in store appearance from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 21, with 20 percent off of her goods.