I sat down to write up a list of my favorite eco-beauty items of 2014, in light of the year coming to a much-too-sudden close, but I found myself naming off mostly lipsticks, balms, glosses and stains. Apparently, for me at least, 2014 was the year of lips: from gleaming tangerine to sheer pink and heartfelt red to cheeky berry, these shades made 2014 a little brighter for me.
When I say that these lip products went everywhere with me in 2014, I’m not exaggerating. They live in a blue and purple woven pouch that hops from purse to purse, never to be out of arm’s reach. Each was a new addition to the lip color roster this year—dethroning, for the first time in a few years, my long-presiding favorite, Paint Me Healed by PeaceKeeper Cause-Metics.
Here, I’ve ranked them in order, from “I’d Cry If I Lost It” to “Last But Not Least.”
1. Modest lip2cheek cream by RMS Beauty (pictured above)
2. Paint Me Content by PeaceKeeper Cause-Metics
3. Tinted Lip Balm by Burt’s Bees
4. Lip Duo Contour & Gloss No. 02 by Sante Naturkosmetik
5. Poco Loco Lip by GlamNatural