In this month's The Curator column, Vanessa Ambrose, owner of Cameron Marks boutique, chooses five of her favorite things.
1. Brand Spotlight—Objects Without Meaning: Hailing from Australia and now residing in Los Angeles, indie clothing designer Alexandra Michelle of Objects Without Meaning designs gorgeous pieces with an easy, well cut and non-chalant appeal. Her focus is to create clean, versatile pieces that let the spirit of the wearer shine through. The fall 2014 collection has just arrived at Cameron Marks, including the tomboy chic jumpsuit pictured above. Love!
2. Amy Judd paintings: I am blown away with the work of British oil painter Amy Judd. There is something so magical, captivating and simply pure about each of her faceless figures. I could just look at them for hours; No. 1 on my want list.
3. Mademoiselle C: This fly on the wall documentary is devoted to international fashion icon Carine Roitfeld, ex-editor of French Vogue. We are given an all-access pass to the inner workings and launch of her magazine CR Fashion Book, along with a peek into her personal life. A must-see for all fashion junkies.
4. Shinola. I'm loving Shinola watches, built right in motor city, Detroit. Becoming well known for their no-frills unisex timepieces and bikes, they encompass everything I love about American industrial design: rugged yet refined, and they just so happen to fall perfectly on the right side of retro. Soon to be stocked at the new Cameron Marks store set to open beginning September 2014.
5. Polly Wales. London based jewelry designer Polly Wales is someone that has been on my radar for a few years. Jaw-dropping designs like nothing I have ever seen before. Unlike traditional jewelers who set their stones after casting the metal forms, Wales casts the gemstones along with the gold which results in organic, jewel encrusted pieces that look like they were formed naturally within the earth's core. Just gorgeous.