Maybe this year you want to simplify your morning routine or simply know that you look good and can make it through the day confidently without makeup. Here are a few tips to get you started.
Start With Great Skin
1. Clean, well cared for skin needs little embellishment. Make sure it's cleansed, moisturized and protected with sunscreen daily. Many people promote the use of alcohol free toners to restore pH levels and gentle exfoliation to look your radiant best.
2. Stop touching your face. This seems easy but it's harder than you'd think. Whether it's unconsciously resting your face in your hands, picking at spots or rubbing our foreheads we are adding unnecessary oil and bacteria to our faces.
3. Taking good care of you means taking good care of your skin. Plenty of sleep, lots of water, healthy food, regular exercise and low amounts of alcohol all add up to beautiful skin.
4. Pluck or wax brows. They frame the face. Invest in good tweezers and follow your natural shape. If you're scared or nervous to do your own, have them professionally done and then keep the strays at bay in between appointments.
5. Invest in a good eyelash curler. It opens the eyes without using mascara.
6. Keep lips smooth. When dry, exfoliate gently with a damp toothbrush before brushing or use a sugar scrub, then apply a natural lip balm.
7. Take care of your hair. Clean hair and a great haircut builds confidence and makes you look and feel amazing.
8. Utilize eye drops that get the red out. They can help you look more awake, alert, bright eyed, and ready for your close up.
9. Flushed and rosy cheeks can be easily achieved by my personal favorite: a few quick, gentle pinches of the cheeks.
Keep in Mind
10. No amount of makeup in the world can beat confidence and a true smile to perk up a face and make it beautiful.