Gleaming brightly on the horizon, springtime beckons with the promise of the new and the fresh. It’s the perfect time to sprout a new look and plant the seeds for a more Earth-friendly beauty routine and wardrobe.
Here in Santa Cruz, there’s an upcoming event that captures this spirit of possibility quite fashionably—“Spring Style Preview: Natural Beauty & Fashion,” a joint effort by the local Whole Foods stores and Synergy Organic Clothing. It takes place from 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday, March 13 at Synergy’s flagship store in downtown Santa Cruz (1229 Pacific Ave., Santa Cruz).
I can count at least five irrefutable reasons for buying a ticket:
1. You’ll get a sneak peek at Synergy’s spring line. The story of Synergy Organic Clothing is a Santa Cruz fashion fairytale. This local clothing company started small—selling their eco-friendly threads at festivals—and has blossomed over the years into a multi-location store with online sales across the world. Their signature designs (especially the simple, solid colors with whimsical applique) are recognizable favorites among women who love to be comfy, eco-friendly and boho chic. Synergy’s new spring 2015 lineup promises more of this and also some exciting new looks, including four items that were designed in collaboration with The Penny Rose.
2. Whole Foods will be showing off new eco-beauty goodies with free mini makeovers. The beauty departments at our local Whole Foods Markets are ripe with amazing natural products. It’s where I go to peruse the latest from my favorite lines; my current obsession is anything from the 100-percent vegan and cruelty free company Pacifica. They’ve got the goods from Pacifica, Mineral Fusion, ZuZu Luxe, and much more, and will be showcasing some of their wares with free mini-makeovers at the event.
3. A representative from evan healy will be doing skincare demonstrations.
4. There will be small bites, wine and a photo booth. What else could you want?
5. The icing on the cake—and what sweet icing it is—is that all proceeds are going to the Walnut Ave Women’s Center, a nonprofit that’s been providing women and children essential support services for more than 80 years.
-Two tickets to “Spring Style Preview: Natural Beauty & Fashion”
-A Whole Foods eco-beauty gift bag stuffed with three Pacifica 7 Free Nail Colors, Mineral Fusion SPF 30 Brush-On Sun Defense and Gabriel Lipstick in Currant.
-The Christina top (pictured), a The Penny Rose X Synergy collaboration from Synergy’s Spring 2015 line.
To enter to win leave a comment below or on the giveaway posts on our Facebook or Instagram by Tuesday, March 10. We will announce the winner on the blog and across our social media on Wednesday, March 11. The prize winner will need to pick up their package at the event.