Ashley Cramer, owner of The Barre Studio in Capitola, Calif., recently joined our team of contributors.
What’s in my bag?
I firmly believe that you can learn everything about a woman by looking in her bag. As the owner of The Barre Studio in Capitola, Calif., my bag is full of things that help me go from the studio to a meeting, date night or errands around town. Since I’ll be writing a monthly column for The Penny Rose, I’m dumping out my bag so that you can get to know me better.
1. Clothing Layers. Living in Northern California means I don’t leave home without a pullover and scarf to keep me warm and help me go stylishly from studio to street.*
2. My favorite water bottle. S'well bottles look great and support charities that bring water to the world’s poorest communities. (Tip: If you need to keep your chardonnay cold for 24 hours, the large holds a full bottle of wine. Yes, I've tried it.)
3. Bobby pins. I recently cut my hair short, so I'm obsessed with good, old-fashioned bobby pins. I also learned from Pinterest that the wavy side is supposed to go toward your head. Now my bobby pins actually stay in place!
4. Makeup bag. I like to refresh after a workout with Burt's Bees Cucumber & Sage Facial Cleansing Towelettes, Kiehl’s Lip Balm No. 1 and a swipe of fresh mascara. There’s no need for blush with a post-workout glow.
5. My iPhone. It may be cliché in 2015, but my iPhone is my most necessary and favorite accessory. I am constantly writing emails, taking pictures, catching up on the news or checking my Instagram feed. I feel lost without it.
*Both items are available for purchase at The Barre Studio.