It's heating up. And since I didn't vacation during resort season, it means that swimsuit season is approaching and it's time for a new suit. Like most women, shopping for bathing suits is not a favorite activity. Shopping for them online is almost equally as painful, but I've culled a few from the herd that I'll try out.
- Ruching hides the belly in a friendly way. After having two children, things are not what they once were and it's not likely I'll ever work my way back to the flat planes I once enjoyed.
- I'm going to be actively in the water with my kids, not quietly sunbathing, so I chose one-piece suits with decent straps that are not likely to fall down and be a bother.
- A solid color is not as distracting as a print.
- And I chose a color instead of black because I have pale skin; even when I'm tan I'm still pale and black is too much contrast.
- A higher cut, but not a crazy high leg opening elongates my legs, whereas a shallower opening would cut them off and make them appear stumpy.
Wish me luck!